Following the decision of the Croatian National Crisis Headquarters to ban public events until 14/04/2020, we inform you that we are forced to change the date of our race 100 miles of Istria.
With full acknowledgment, we accept the decision of the National Crisis Headquarters as a justifiable and reasonable solution to this force majeure situation happening globally.
As you are probably well aware, on 11.03.2020. the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the COVID-19 situation as pandemic and the preventive measures to manage this type of crisis are highly restrictive. In Croatia, quarantines have been set up for all the persons coming from high-risk areas. Globally we see borders being closed and many flights suspended. As for Istria, in addition to the ban of public events as of 13.03.2020. all educational institutions will suspend their activities until further notice. The same measure is expected to be imposed on other areas in Croatia. All these measures limit the spread of the virus, but also limit the movement of people both in Croatia and in neighboring countries.
If the spread of pandemic does not stop or show a decreasing trend within a reasonable timeframe, the relevant institutions have announced implementing drastic preventive crisis measures.
The preventive crisis measures which are now in force are announced to last until 14.04.2020. However, there is no guarantee at this time that the situation will normalize after that date.
After numerous consultations and meetings with our local community, our partners, sponsors and volunteers, we together are fully in consent and aware that we are obliged to follow the directives of the authorities and health institutions, thus it was decided that the race would be rescheduled to a new date: 24-27.09.2020.
This has been the term of the Valamar Trail race for years, but we will move it to a new date in order to give priority to all of you who have invested your time and resources in preparing for the 100 miles of Istria.
Competitors who will not be able to participate in the race in the new period shall have the possibility of a partial refund, in accordance with Article 31 of the Rules in case of cancellation of the race due to force majeure.
- Option 1: Transfer existing registration to the new date: 24. -27.9.2020.
- Option 2: Cancel existing registration -> Partial refund: 25% of the total amount paid on the credit card you have paid from is refunded
Please let us know the latest by 22.3.2020. by 11:59 pm, through the Inquiry form below which option you opted for, in order for us to be able to process your registration correctly and on time.
In case of not receiving your reply, we will move your registration to the new race dates 24.-27.9.2020.
Since we will receive a lot of your requests in the next days (there are almost 2,000 of you), we kindly ask you to be patient. We expect to process all requests within two months from the day all the answers are received, 16th May 2020, at the latest.
Although the race is a month away, the organization of the race itself is in the final stage, so we kindly ask for your understanding of this overall situation. We really tried to do everything in our power, but unfortunately the decision is not up to us this time. We are compelled to follow the instructions of the relevant institutions and act in accordance with their measures.
We sincerely hope that the situation with the COVID-19 virus will take a positive turn and that the crisis measures will be swift and effective so that lives can be saved and we can all return to the new normal as soon as possible.
Warm regards with hope to see you soon!
The Organizing committee of 100 miles of Istria